The Architectural Association of Kenya is pleased to announce the AAK Annual Convention 2019, AAK’s premier annual Continuous Professional Development Event. This year’s theme is ‘BUILDING BLOCKS IN THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT.’ It will entail discussions on utilizing modules as well as the industrial production line in the construction sector in Kenya. As the Government of Kenya’s objective is to transform Kenya into a newly industrialized country by 2030, this theme gives us an opportunity to reflect on the issues surrounding the attainment of this goal.
We will focus our discussion on the following sub-themes:
Product Innovation for Buildings: What are the innovative approaches to industrial design and assembly of buildings?
- Building product innovations.
- Simplifying the building blocks of architecture for mass production.
- Modular designs; Component design for efficiency and efficacy.
The Design of Industrial Parks: How does the Built Environment plug into the design and delivery of Industrial Park design?
- Case Study: TATU City.
- Integrated and smart solutions for industrial parks.
- Planning EPZ and Industrial Processing zones.
Building the Machinery for Agenda 4 delivery: What policy and processes need to be streamlined to ensure that the environment for manufacturing is done locally and builds local capacity? This directly affects delivery of affordable housing as well.
- Policies hindering growth of industrialization in the country and strategies to overcome these.
- Cost implications of manufacturing.
Building manufacturing for climate sustainability: Evaluate manufacturing processes in the built environment and their impact on climate. What are the strategies for mitigation? In tandem, what is the effect of the built environment on manufacturing?
- Impact of Industrialization on climate in the region.
- Role of professionals in specification of low impact materials, and reuse of construction materials in building and recycling of waste materials.
The role of Education in Manufacturing and Industrialization: What is the role of our universities in industrial research and manufacturing in the Built Environment?
- Innovations by local universities.
- Global trends in education in manufacturing.
- Local availability of innovative courses in industrialization.
- Continued learning and in-factory and warehouse learning.
This year’s Convention will take place at Sarova Whitesands Beach Hotel, Mombasa
Get more information about the hotel from this link…https://www.sarovahotels.com/whitesands-mombasa/
How to Register
Click on below link to register. http://members.aak.or.ke/conventionregistration
You can register as an AAK member, sponsor/exhibitor, Non-AAK member or graduate student. You have an option of booking the accommodation with us. The registration form will automatically create an invoice based on your selections.